Thursday, April 30, 2009

Being a news hound


Between wanting to be a firefighter when I was younger I also wanted to be a newspaper photographer. I did string for a while for Pioneer Press and met some great people and learned alot. I even had a couple of photos published in the Times and Trib. I am a news junkie. Yes I listen to WGN and the news channels on XM radio. (ok and elvis when I want to sing) For those of you that remember the TV show Lou Grant I always wanted to be the photographer ANIMAL. It makes me sad that news papers especially are having a hard time in this financial hard times. I love reading and viewing the photos from around the world on various news sites. If you want to see something cool go to bigpicture.com. It is part of the Boston Globe it is really cool. I know computers have changed what and how we look at newspapers and news in general. I will keep shooting and having fun. Who knows maybe I will get published again one day....
Thought I would add this photo. It is of Chris when he was young....

No comments: