Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A friend, father and a good guy

Death again has befallen the Spoo family. My wife's childhood friends father passed away last night after a valiant but loosing battle with lung cancer. Roy was your basic good guy. I met him and at my wedding to Karen. His presence was a surprise to my wife who said Roy did not leave the house much. It was cool to me that he showed up with his wife and family. Roy and his wife Marylyn had became part of my family. As my wife said  when you marry it is not just the spouse you get you get the entire family.  I last spoke to Roy about 2 weeks ago. He was in bed mostly but cracked jokes and wanted to watch football. His passing is a loss for me in a way that I have not experienced in the past. Roy will be a missing piece of the Spoo family.
Rest in peace Roy. Say hello to Walter and Ronnie.

Miss you.

No comments: