Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are we too quick to post photos.

Please read one of my mentors blogs about Youtube and my response to it. For all the shooters I know it may open your eyes to what the current state of printed media is.

http://tinyurl.com/u
Sorry for the flipping between web pages. (read the Tribune link first then the my comments.)


Giving Mr. Williams the money is not the issue in my mind. It is more why did the story sit? What was the hold up with the photojournalist? Did his boss quash the story and then the journalist put it on YouTube? I don't know these answers. What concerns me is that the quality of shooting weather stills or video has come to the grab it with whatever and post it. Post production is nonexistent. Back in the old days when George Eastman and I were shooting the time from shot to picture could be a couple of hours and you could think about what you shot and print it with your desired effect. Now we carry computers, routers, wireless transmission devices and to quote Alex "poof" it is gone and up. Speed to get the story "up" may have become our enemy. Could that be why the printed media is in the shape that it is in and TV news is Jerry Springer with a good rack?
A note to Mr. Williams please do a couple of things with your new found celebrity status.  One is to get a haircut and some psychiatric care and finally get your jibs fixed.

Finally Alex if you read this please know that your blog makes me think and hopefully improve as a photographer.
-30-

No comments: