Friday, August 6, 2010

And life goes on

It is Friday, I am home in the cave mentally and physically exhausted. I have been working for 3 days taking and editing photos of the Memorial and Funeral of my coworker and friend Tony. ( please see my past blog regarding him). I offered or just decided to take photos of the wake, service and burial. It was a couple of days of tears, laughter, and saying goodbye.  My hope and goal was to give both my Addison and Hometown brothers a way to remember the good we did in laying Tony to rest. I shot and edited the photos in to reflect good taste rather than artistic quality.
I have had facebook postings from photos that I did a good job. I am happy with my results. I guess I am just my part.
I was talking to one of my coworkers today and he thanked me for my work with the photos but gave me something that I will treasure for the rest of my life. The thing that felt the best was when he said that he was giving me this because "I got it" Thanks it is the best compliment I ever received.


Finally; Rest in Peace Tony. I may never be the firefighter you were, but I think I did you proud.

-30-

No comments: