Sunday, June 20, 2010

The meaning of Fathers Day

We went to the Prairie Fest parade today. It was a good time 60 groups were represented. See my Facebook for photos. This is where the story gets that feel good stage. Next to where Karen and I parked was a gentleman sitting in his car just watching the parade. He was very pleasant, we shared idle chitchat and a bottle or 2 of water. He was alone and kind of "older". I could tell by his appearance that he may have had some medical issues. The O2 tank was a give away. Anyway as the parade ended that last group was a bunch of kids and adults from a Karate school. All of a sudden there as the cry or yell of "Hey Grandpa" The old mans face lit up. It turned out that all this man wanted to do was see his grandson. He waved and was just proud. That is what fathers day is all about. Dads and Kids getting together to have fun and make each other happy.
My daughter was in the parade and I think my face lit up as this old mans face did when Karen and I saw here.
Just a thought for this fathers day...

-30-

No comments: